Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Big Girl Bed

Last night was one of my many spur of the moment, "brilliant" ideas; perhaps brought on by lack of sleep.

Madison had decided she no longer liked her crib, but would prefer her brother's bed instead. In case you're unsure... when a baby wants something....SHE WANTS IT NOW!

"Just change her crib to a day bed" I said to myself.
I'd been trying to ignore the crying for "Mommy" for about 20 minutes now. Sadly my glass of wine was empty, and as it did not seem Madison was any closer to falling asleep, I caved. Ignoring the fact that it was 830pm and everyone was brushed, washed, and tucked in bed...I got to work; flipping the crib (sans baby), unscrewing screws, and removing one of the sides. Before I could finish, my fiancĂ© (Matthew) came home and caught me in the act. When he left only 45 minutes earlier, Lukas and Logan were in bed ready to fall asleep; now all three kids were running around upstairs . (uh oh) Matthew, both knowing and accepting my tendency to be impulsive, jumped in to help. We had Madi back into her big girl bed in no time!

About an hour after everyone was asleep I could hear Logan calling my name.
"Mommy, come here"
"Mommy, quick"
Matthew takes the lead this time and goes to investigate. Two minutes later he returns with Madison in hand. The closer she comes, the wider my eyes open.
"Guess what?" Matthew chimes "Somebody was being bad"
 
 ....OMG!!!!!

To my amazement her entire face was covered with Vaseline. Huge chunks of it hanging from her cheeks and nose. Her hair was a complete disaster!! The condition of her bed...OH BOY!! But with a giant smile on her face, she reached for a hug and happily agreed to a late night bath. (I guess she wins this round)

J.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment