Wednesday, January 28, 2015

DIY Command Centre

When it comes to running a successful household of five people you need to be organized. I've tried to simply "remember" appointments, stick post-it notes all over my house, I even use my eyeliner for morning reminders; That's proved to be costly. Being the compulsive person I am, this idea popped into my head and the supplies have been sitting in a corner for weeks. Finally here it is!

SUPPLIES
 

2 Magnetic Whiteboards (WalMart)
1 Roll of Washi Tape (Staples)
1 package of stickable letters (Michaels)

STEPS TO SUCCESS
 
 
1. Start by cutting strips of wash tape to reach from one side of your whiteboard to the other. You can choose to place the washi tape on your board freehand, or another way is to place "markers" on the board FIRST and then go back to tape.
 
 
...If you're a control freak like myself, this step may take a while.   
 
 
3. Place your sticky letters in their appropriate spaces.

 
 
4. Mount your whiteboard/s in a high traffic area of your home (mine is the kitchen) so you'll never forget a thing!
ENJOY!
 
I absolutely love my calendar. The spaces are big enough to write multiple items/activities for each family member. I also like to use a magnet to mark whose day it is to have a bath!
 
 
J.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment